TWI Software News - Summer 2006
TWI Welding Software Suite
The four products included in the TWI Welding Software Suite ( Weldspec, Welderqual, NDTspecand Welding Coordinator) have been developed further in answer to changes requested by our customers. Some of the new developments include:
- Animated video demonstrations to help first time users get to grips with the software
- Improved 'save as new' functionality to create datasheets quickly
- More flexibility in creating welding procedures, e.g. the ability to add extra hardness testing as required
- Latest welding standard interpretations from TWI's team of expert welding engineers
- Changes to datasheet reporting after user feedback determined only completed NDT reports should be included
If you have any new features you would like to see in the software, you can post your request on the software website Welding Software Forum.
Welding Software Training
TWI offers training in all its welding software products either at TWI, or on-site at your premises. The main benefit of including training in the purchase of welding software is that you can be up and running straight away. In addition, we provide documentation certifying that training has been carried out for your QA requirements.
The training can include the following:
- Installation and set-up (especially Welding Coordinator)
- Creating welding documents (PQRS, WPQs, WPSs, etc.)
- Using the code rules built into the software
- Setting up and using the electronic signatures
- Printing and exporting documents
- Searching for documents
- Reporting on progress and welder performance from Welding Coordinator
- Updating welder qualifications in Welderqual
- Being a System Administrator
ISCO (Integral Services Co Ltd, Kuwait) have recently bought the TWI Welding Software Suite and undergone training. This benefited them greatly as they became instantly productive and were fully aware of all the features available.
Integral Services Co Ltd, Kuwait: One of TWI Software's latest customers using the Welding Software Suite.
For more details on our training programmes, please contact Andy Brightmore.
TWI Welding Software and ENTERGY
We continue to work with Entergy Nuclear Northeast. They use the TWI Welding Software Suite to manage their welding activities. As part of the drive to standardise across all their power plants, Entergy have recently acquired licences for the Vermont Yankee station. Four plants now use the software and Entergy hope to expand the use of the software to some of their plants in the southern US next year.
TWI Software at the 16th International Computer Technology in Welding and Manufacturing
TWI software team members Mark Chinery, James Strachan and Andy Brightmore were invited to give papers at this conference held in Kiev, 6th-8th June. The papers were on the topics of taking fabrication project management into the 21st century and improving welding documentation using the Welding Coordinator software. Both of these papers will be available as part of the conference proceedings, more information on this can be found at www.twi-global.com